Welcome to the PSHE page
There are lots of way to feel calmer. It’s about finding what works for you. Try some breathing exercises, activities, games and videos to help let go of stress. https://www.childline.org.uk/
Have a look at our slides about returning to school – Going back to school social story
Year 1 Activities
- Get involved in cooking a healthy meal and discuss the importance of balanced food choices.
- Complete a short workout, followed by a conversation about how exercise can make someone feel and why it is important.
- Discuss the importance of ‘checking in’ with friends and being kind to one another, especially in challenging times.
- Keeping in contact with isolated family members or elderly relatives and having a conversation about the importance of doing this.
Have a look at this Powerpoint – Who are you? – learn about your identity
Year 2 Activities
Year 2’s focus this term is on rights and responsibilities. Thinking about these questions:
1) to recognise what they like and dislike
2) to share their opinions on things that matter to them and explain their views
3) to understand how rules help them
4) about the process of growing from young to old and how people’s needs change
5) recognise rules for, and ways of keeping safe, including basic road safety, and about people who can help them to stay safe
Here’s some websites that would support:
Year 3 Activities
Please have a look at the lessons on BBC Bitesize
Activities to try
Year 4 Activities
Here are 6 ‘Stress Busting’ relaxation activities for you to have a go at
An activity about ‘People Around Me – A Positive Difference’
Here is the link to the ‘Mindfulness Bootcamp’ that we were working through. Why not try some mindfulness at home once a day?
Year 5 Activities