Values and Ethos
Our vison is that every child will achieve the very best possible outcomes within a supportive and stimulating learning environment.
At Fryern we will:
- provide an exciting and creative curriculum
- achieve high standards
- be encouraged to be the best we can be
- develop enquiring minds
- develop a can do attitude and self-belief
- develop a respectful tolerant community
- recognise and celebrate success in everyone
- provide opportunities that will challenge , nurture talents and inspire
- build strong collaborative partnerships with families and the local community
At Fryern we:
- take care of, respect and enjoy our environment
- enjoy working as a team
- have high expectations
- encourage through praise and reward
- value everyone and enable everyone to believe in themselves
- value life-long learning
- enjoy finding new ways of thinking and learning
- take responsibility for our own actions
- enjoy sharing our successes
- embrace challenges
- value the support of parents and the wider community
Our ethos is founded on Rights, Respect and Responsibilities (RRR). As rights respecting schools we foster respect for and inclusion of all. Children are taught about the UN Convention of the Rights of the Child. They understand that they have rights and with those rights come responsibilities. Other people have rights too and children are taught to respect those rights. We have a federation charter and classes develop their own charters based on RRR.
The Federation of Fryern Infant and Junior Schools is a friendly, caring, family community, committed to achievement and sharing in the successes of each individual.
OUR SCHOOL AIMS
We believe that the primary years at school are a vital part of the whole development of each child. In support of that belief we strive to:
- Generate a stable and caring environment which will stimulate children socially, physically, emotionally, spiritually and intellectually at their own level.
- Involve the children in a wide range of educational experiences encouraging them to explore, challenge, question, predict and develop their own initiative and independence.
- Ensure that children flourish and achieve their full potential.
- Achieve high standards in learning and behaviour
- Provide a curriculum that is exciting, interesting and challenging that meets the needs of each individual child and builds on their strengths and interests.
- Encourage a sense of self- worth as well as respect and tolerance for others.
- Encourage children to develop personal , spiritual and cultural values.
- Engage the support of parents and community in the process of learning which is lifelong.
- Our ultimate aim is to give all our children the confidence and enthusiasm to become life long learners.
- Actively promote British Values- tolerance, rule of law, justice, respect and individual liberty.